A change in Princes is the Joy of Fools. ~ Old Romanian Proverb
There is no cause so noble that it will not attract at least a few idiots. ~Larry Niven

Newsfeed via Breitbart

« »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

An Open Letter To The Speaker.

to the Honorable John Boehner, Speaker of the House of Representatives, 112th Congress.



I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, and through you, all the Republicans of the House who heard the call of Americans like me and stood firm on starting the process of cutting the atrocious level of Federal spending.  This was not an easy thing for you and for them, as you were all vilified by the Democrats and their pets in the media, the blogoshere, academia, the Leftist think tanks, and the Twittering ninnies throughout the nation.



 Schumer's lips hardly move as Reid talks
I know the numbers are not large compared to the size of the gargantuan Federal budget, but to take a phrase away from the Progressives, "it's a good beginning."  You changed the terms of the debate.  Whereas for too long the difference between Democrats and Republicans has been "Spend Huge Amounts vs. Spend Somewhat Less," you and all the Republicans that supported you in the House and Senate have reversed the direction of spending altogether.  And you got Reid to agree to debate Obamacare in the Senate, something he hated to contemplate as it will force Democrats to stand and declare again their support for this hateful program and opposed to the message the November 2010  election clearly heralded, thereby marking themselves indelibly for recall in November 2012.



I know that there are two more major fiscal battles coming this year, and I am with you, as are many Americans who also do not want to see us become a second-rate world power in debt-peonage to China and the oil emirates.  We are at a moment in history that is nothing less than a tipping point in our fate as a nation and I for one want the America of my earliest years back.  And I want it back better than it was.



This is a battle against a trend that has been ongoing since FDR and the New Deal, a trend not just in spending, but in the ideology of spending, in the nature of our government and a citizen’s relationship to that government.   Thanks to a thoroughly-corrupted educational system, children are not even taught about the nature of our federal republic and so are utterly disarmed in the debate about the future of our nation.  I hope this is the beginning of the road back, away from that sewage field called "Progressivism."



I'm 54 years old and I am in this fight for the long-term.  I may not live to see the end, but I'm here while I still have breath to argue and strength to write, help organize, speak out and do whatever is needed to restore my country to her unique promise and destiny.



Thank you and God bless you all. 



Now get some sleep, you'll need it.



Very truly yours,

Kevin - The Ikonoklast

--------------------------------------------------
High-Speed Rail anyone?
I also sent this to Rep. Rick Nugent, my Congressman and Senator Marco Rubio.  I did not bother sending it to Senator Bill "ASTRO BOY" Nelson; why bother, it would do no damn good.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot be civil, try to be clever! Both are best.